Thursday 25 March 2010

Young love lost

"He can run, but he can't hide." Joe Louis (1914-1981)

I find life tensioned between a rock and a hard place;between a rock and a heart break... Do I chose to live in the heartland of prejudice, or move to the precinct of the memory of heartbreak. After a year of butting heads with narrow minded right-wingers who are unable to loosen their grip on their corrupt ideology, I have given up trying to convert the stubborn to a philosophy of respect for his neighbour apart from skin colour.

A man needs a place of peace to lay his head albeit it a long journey home at the end of his day. But by choosing to move to a neighbourhood more embracing of every mans right to life and opportunity, I find myself choosing to lay my head on a bed of thorns; remnant of the once blossoming roses of young love that is now bereft of life and thus to subject my heart to the suffocating distress and agony of seeing the one I loved in another man's caress.

I will convince myself that I suffer for a greater cause, this small deception surely not a crime in its innocent mask of the folly of young love lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment