Saturday 15 May 2010

Nancyboy!

Like a real novice I arrive at Seapoint's 50m pool this morning with a thermal swimsuit... I swim 10 lengths and decide that I just cant carry on...I have lost the feeling in my face and toes and hands...and I swear they start looking frostbitten. With my tail between my legs I 'warm up' under the cold shower (I kid you not) before I see an old man wearing just a budgie smuggler walk past me and get in for his daily swim. "A bit fresh today at 14 degrees" he says ... I managed a strained sheepish smile through my frozen cheek muscles as I waddled off in my swim suit to rather drive to Long Street Baths for a swim in the heated pool. I can only imagine what he must have thought as I walked away I am certain I heard him say "NancyBoy!" As he slipped in between the floating icepack to begin his swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment