Sunday 4 April 2010

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead!

I woke up to the news, on a sunny autumn Easter Sunday, that Eugene Terreblanche was murdered over this weekend. What shocked me more than the death of a right wing, racist, prejudiced, quasi-Nazi, White-Supremacist remnant of a very sad era in the history of South Africa… was the outcry from people I had considered reasonable people. I was silly enough to make a comment on my Facebook profile that said "White supremacist leader Eugene Terreblanche murdered in pay dispute…if you live by the sword of hatred and racial prejudice, it is likely that you will eventually die by that sword! Without condoning murder on any grounds, one can't help but wonder (in private consideration) whether justice in this world has finally been served?" I am all for differing opinions, but I saw a group of Afrikaans speaking individuals react angrily towards me in response to my statement. I cannot imagine any individual who claims not to hold prejudice views aligning themselves with this evil man.
The main English speaking newspaper then ran an interview with a popular Afrikaans celebrity who expressed heartbreak at his death. WHY? WHY I ASK, WOULD ANYONE WHO ISNT A RACIST, PREJUDICE, RIGHT WINGER ALIGN THEMSELVES WITH THIS MAN?
So in order to incite these people to face their demons, let me say:
"Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go, Below! Let the joyous news be spread. Wicked Old Witch at last is dead! "
There must be dancing in the streets!!!

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment