Thursday 1 April 2010

Planting in the dust

While packing up my apartment for yet another move, I came accross a scribbling on a post it note. I have a habit of having profound revelations in the middle of the night on long haul international flights, and at other inconvenient times when a pen and note pad are not at hand. On many occasions I consciously decide to make a mental note to write this thought down once I wake up. Sadly I can never remember the idea or sound bite of my dream. On a few occasions when I have written down my thoughts and allowed myself to fall asleep I have woken up to find incomprehensible drivel or very ordinary observations. This note was penned just before I started pursuing an amazing college flame. I decided to stand up out of the ashes of Cath leaving me in the way she did, and I felt that God was telling me to step forward in faith and pursue a girl in Cape Town. Two years on I am still smarting from a wound so deep I wonder if i will ever recover. My planting in the dust resulted in me allow myself to be vulnerable in love once again, only to be deceived and used by the angel that turned out to be a devil!

No comments:

Post a Comment