Friday 9 April 2010

The irony of the situation is not missed.

On my final evening in the Northern Suburbs, I lay on my bed with my window open as the sounds of Bok v Blerk's 'DeLaRey Sal jy die Boere kom lei' floats on the breeze through the window. The irony of this does not escape me...Its final confirmation that the oppressive,racist attitude of the northern suburbs of cape town are not fertile ground for my core belief that every south african has a right to their place in the sun free from the hatred of those hankering after the past.So I dust off my feet and spit the slimy aftertaste of this cursed people out of my mouth as my car is packed and waiting for my departure on the morning breeze to the fair green pasture of Cape Town... Where a greater respect for humankind exists. I will not miss your offensive racial prejudice Durbanville, and if Vesuvius erupted in your midst I would not stop to mourn!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment